Who We Are
To equip others to promote the development of language through AAC for children and adults who do not have a voice of their own.
A world where every person has a voice to be heard and understood.
A NONPROFIT Organization Focused on Developing Language Through Augmentative and Alternative Communication
Experiential Learning Series
In order to provide the instruction and support the instruction with consultation, collaboration, and experience, the training needs to look an feel different than other AAC trainings. This will be accomplished in what we are calling Experiential Learning. In order to immerse the communicator who will learn AAC in the language of AAC, the others in the environment need to know how to speak AAC. This will be accomplished by providing the language models will the tools and experiences they need to do so.
The Key Concepts of Experiential Learning include:
- Understanding and applying language development theories and milestones to language through AAC
- Immersion in the language of AAC
- Using AAC- “Augmenting my language”
- Developing competency with the symbol system being used
- Using AAC to immerse the learner in the language of AAC throughout interactions and environments
Support Hear MY Voice
Become a partner. Change a life.
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and provide scholarships for registration for Experiential Learning Series, scholarships for AAC evaluations, and scholarships for Language Therapy using AAC. Your generous donation will fund our mission.